ICTP Joint Summer School on Modelling Tools for Sustainable Development
The ICTP Joint Summer School on Modelling Tools for Sustainable Development 2023 will be held in July (3-14/07/2023) and IAM COMPACT will be there to contribute to the teaching activities!
The school is split in two parts: a) online training on the tool you applied for (26/06 – 30/06) and b) you will use your new skills to conduct analyses on country-specific case studies, with assistance being provided from trainers (hybrid; 03/07 – 13/07). Through the training, participants may start developing capacity from scratch on new modelling tools within their institutions and with stakeholders. There are nine tracks listed below, each focusing on different tools:
- OnSSET/The Global Electrification Platform
- Energy and Flexibility Modelling: OSeMOSYS & FlexTool
- Financial Analysis of Power Sector Projects using the FinPlan Model
- Energy demand assessment and scenarios: MAED and EBS tools
- Introduction to CLEWs
- Energy Access Explorer: A Data-driven, Integrated and Inclusive Approach to Planning for Achieving Universal Access to Energy for Equitable Development
- The Net Zero Playbook
- Geospatial data, best practices for collection and management
- Input-Output-based Life-Cycle Assessment with MARIO
- Geospatial Clean Cooking access modelling, using OnStove
IAM COMPACT partners from POLIMI and KTH will teach MARIO, OSeMOSYS & CLEWs tools & pilot countries will participate in the summer school.
See here for more information on the summer school and how to apply.