LOCOMOTION Massive Open On-line Course (MOOC)
With funding from the EU’s Horizon 2020 programme, the ‘Low-carbon society: an enhanced modelling tool for the transition to sustainability’ (LOCOMOTION) aims to design a new IAM (Integrated Assessment Model) to provide policymakers and relevant stakeholders with a reliable and practical modelling system to assess the feasibility, effectiveness, costs and ramifications of different sustainability policy options.
The LOCOMOTION MOOC is a four-day online course that will happen on the 3rd, 6th, 10th, and 13th of November. The course will teach participants how to use the new IAM, called WILIAM (Within Limits Integrated Assessment Model), to develop and analyse policy scenarios for social and environmental sustainability. The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to system dynamics and WILIAM
- Environmental sustainability (energy-resources-material modules)
- Social sustainability (economy-demography-society modules)\
- Policy scenarios (storylines, WILIAM toolkit, and project work)
- Course Objectives
For the full description click here.
WILIAM model is also part of IAM COMPACT's modelling ensemble.
Upon completion of the LOCOMOTION MOOC, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of system dynamics and WILIAM
- Apply WILIAM to develop and analyse policy scenarios for social and environmental sustainability
- Use the WILIAM toolkit to create and visualize storylines
- Program and analyse scenarios with the Vensim software
- Day 1(3/11): Introduction to System Dynamics and WILIAM.
- Day 2 (6/11): Environmental Sustainability (Energy-Resources-Material modules).
- Day 3 (10/11): Social Sustainability (Economy-Demography-Society modules).
- Day 4 (13/11): Policy Scenarios (Storylines, WILIAM toolkit, and Project Work).
The LOCOMOTION MOOC is a mix of lectures, workshops, case analyses, exercises, and group activities. Participants will have the opportunity to learn from and interact with experts in the field of system dynamics and integrated assessment models.
Who Should Take This Course?
The LOCOMOTION MOOC is designed for anyone interested in learning how to use system dynamics and integrated assessment models to develop and analyse policy scenarios for social and environmental sustainability. This includes policy makers, researchers, students, and professionals from a variety of disciplines.
How to Register
To register for the LOCOMOTION MOOC, please visit this website.
The LOCOMOTION MOOC is a unique opportunity to learn from experts in the field of system dynamics and integrated assessment models. Participants will gain the skills and knowledge they need to develop and analyse policy scenarios for social and environmental sustainability.